Rocky Road The Creme Egg Way!
You will need. . .
- 140g butter
- 150g rich tea biscuits
- 250g milk chocolate
- 120g dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 50g raisins
- 16 mini creme eggs
1. Melt in a pan on very low heat the milk chocolate, dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup stirring regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn.
2. Once the chocolate has melted set aside 150ml to be used later, leave the rest in the pan but turn off the heat.
3. Crush the biscuits into small pieces (but not too small) and fold into the chocolate mixture in the pan.
4. Mix in the raisins and mini marshmallows.
5. Chop the mini creme eggs into half. Set half of them aside to use later and put the other half in the pan and mix in gently.
6. Lay out baking parchment onto a tray (20cm x 26cm) and spoon the mixture onto it. Press down firmly on the mixture to compress it so it forms an even layer.7. Pour the 150ml of melted chocolate,
7. Pour the 150ml of melted chocolate, which you set aside earlier, evenly across the top of the mixture. Fill in any gaps and create a slightly smoother top surface.
8. Put the remaining creme eggs on top of the rocky road (with the white and yellow creme showing), pushing them down carefully into the mixture.
Place in the fridge to set overnight. Once set, cut it into squares and serve
Put the mini creme eggs (16) and the marshmallows in the freezer for a couple of hours beforehand (ensuring the marshmallows are separated from each other) so they hold
When you take the eggs out chop them in half to show off their classic yellow and white inside.