4 Food Trends
Food is just like fashion and interior design, trends come and go, but what is 'hot' and not in the burn your mouth kind of way this Spring
The taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. Fill them with a variety of food, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and cheese, allowing for great versatility and variety.
1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 Cup of thick and chunky salsa
10 Taco shells
1/2 Lettuce, shredded
1 medium chopped tomato
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown then drain.
Stir salsa into beef. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour beef mixture into large serving bowl.
Gently heat taco shells and fill with beef mixture, lettuce, tomato and cheese.
2. Non-alcoholic drinks
From fruity mocktails to alcohol free beer, wine and cider there are tons of exciting and tasty non-alcoholic drinks out there for you to explore.
Here are a few ideas. . .
- raspberry & lemon, ginger or lime and lemongrass are all delicious with water, sparkling water or lemonade.
- Produced for thousands of years, but if you're not a big wine fan, why not try a non-alcoholic version?
Virgin tequila sunrise
- Take the tequila out and you have a Virgin Sunrise. It is a fantastic mixed drink for any time of the day and the recipe is unbelievably easy to make.
Juice - It is hard to beat the fresh, delicious taste of a pure fruit juice. A good way to add
3. Sea vegetables
Here are a few of the planet's healthiest seaweeds and sea vegetables. . .
- Arame Wakame
- Hijiki Dulse
- Is a mild almost sweet brown kelp and a great place to begin. usually found in finely shredded strands that have a crispy texture. Simply soak a small handful in water until soft, then add to your favourite salad.
- Is a great snack because it is packed with protein and iron. Sea vegetables are versatile
Sea vegetables are versatile and taste delicious, but it is their vast health benefits that make them an important element of the Body Ecology.
They can help lower cholesterol, detoxify your body, balance thyroid function and fight constipation.
Many of these sea vegetables can be found in health food stores, Asian markets, some supermarkets and online.
4. Portuguese food
Portuguese cuisine is typically hearty, relying on fresh ingredients. From the mountains in the north to the rolling hills and plains of the south, here are a few suggestions to wet your appetite!
Crepes with ham and cheese Scrambled eggs with chorizo Cockles with lemon juice
Arroz de Tamboril -
Tamboril is Portuguese for monkfish and while not as locally popular as the traditional cod, there is still an astounding variety of dishes served on the Portuguese coast that include it. It is often cooked in a laurel, garlic and tomato stew with rice, almost like a risotto.
There are hundreds of different recipes and versions of this classic, but Bacalhau à Brás is one
of the best; a combination of onions, chips, olives, parsley, egg and, of course, cod.