Hike for Hope (We need Hope now! More than ever)
2 Brothers, 10 Days, 165 Miles (6 Marathons), 2 very silly costumes
This April the Naturelly brothers Dean & Liam will embark on their biggest challenge yet, they plan to walk from Manchester to London in just 10 days and they will be doing it all dressed as Naturelly pouches!
The activity #hikeforhope is in support of the Hope for Children walking to school initiative. The number of children walking to school is in decline, leading to damaging consequences for our children’s health, safety and wellbeing. Over 70 per cent of today’s parents walked to school when they were children but less than half of children walk to school today. The number of children being driven to school is growing, with an increasingly negative impact on congestion, health including obesity and communities.
Dean and Liam are undertaking this epic journey to raise much needed funds for the charity but they also really want to highlight the benefits of family strolls and walking to school, including:
• Healthier kids, mums, dads & carers plus improved road safety at the school gates with no cars parking on yellow zigzag lines
• Reduced congestion as there are fewer cars on the roads
• Stronger economy, local shops benefit from passing trade, and reduced cost of living through cost savings by reduced carbon emissions and improved public health.
Murielle Maupoint, Chief Executive of Hope for Children commented” We are really delighted that the Naturelly Brothers have chosen to support our work which includes our own “Walk To School” programme in Uganda, helping children from the slum areas in Kampala to get an education. We continue to work tirelessly to help children reach their full potential all over the world and are so grateful that money raised by #hikeforhope will benefit our ongoing international projects”
Dean co-founder of Naturelly comments: ‘Inspired by the stories from the amazing work Hope for Children do, Liam and I wanted to inspire others and motivate families to walk more. We’re both excited and terrified by the task ahead! We feel passionately that walking to school or going on family walks should be part of every childhood upbringing. Go outdoors, get walking & if you fancy it please join us on our epic adventure!’
Benefits of Walking to School:
• Walking to and from school helps children achieve the recommended government target of 60 minutes of physical activity a day.
• Physically active children are more alert, ready to learn, do better in tests and achieve better grades than children who are driven to school.
• Families could save an average of £400 a year if children walked to school rather than going by car.
• Walking boosts footfall for local businesses.
• The physical benefits of walking mean a lower health spend for local authorities.
• The school run generates two million tonnes of CO2 every year.
• Converting car journeys to walking improves local air quality and contributes globally to a reduction in carbon emissions.
Notes to the Editor
Hope for Children was founded in 1994 to help those children who fell through the gaps left by both society in general and the larger charitable organisations.
Almost half of the world’s children are vulnerable and living in poverty. We are changing this by making a safe and fulfilling childhood a reality for more of the world’s children. We work in Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Kenya, India, Sri Lanka, The Philippines and the UK, improving children’s access to education and healthcare, empowering their families to support themselves whilst developing their confidence and self-esteem. Most importantly we are giving them hope.
Naturelly is free from gluten, wheat, dairy, nuts and gelatine and is suitable for vegetarians and coeliacs disease sufferers. It has been approved by the vegetarian society, coeliac society and is school compliant. Gellan Gum is a natural dietary fibre found in Lilly Plants. Naturelly recently won Gold for Best Child snack in Britain voted on by children of all ages in the Loved by Children awards in 2017. Plus Best Toddler Snack and Silver for Best Child Snack in the 2016 Loved by Parent awards. It was also commended as best ambient grocery product in the 2016 Good Choice! Quality Food Awards.
For more images, products to review or a chance to speak to the Naturelly brilliant family behind the brand please contact Louise Rowlands, Contact Number: 07872018497 Email: email@example.com