The Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures show more than 4.78 million people in the UK are self-employed, an increase of 114,000 from the same time last year, making it the second fastest growing group of earners in the UK.
However, the self-employed, contractors and freelancers can often struggle to get on the property ladder as they find getting a mortgage challenging.
Newbury Building Society believes that being self-employed should not be a barrier to obtaining a mortgage. Here are just a few reasons why Newbury Building Society can help;
• We are able to look at cases where the self employed history is less than 3 years
• Retained profits and Directors loans can be considered as a source of income
• We accept applications with a combination of employed and self-employed income
Do keep up-to-date records and accounts.
Do employ a certified or chartered accountant to prepare your accounts and tax returns.
Do speak to your existing lender or a mortgage broker about your options.
Don’t forget lenders will credit check your business, as well as you.
Don’t assume it’s impossible to get a mortgage.
• We review all cases on an individual basis and do not credit score
• We are known for providing a tailored and individual service
• We have local branch appointments available
• Our mortgage advisers are CeMAP qualified
• We lend in England and Wales
• Saturday appointments are available in our branches
Whether you are buying for the first time, moving home or remortgaging, talk to us about our mortgages for the self-employed.
Visit our Newbury branch, call us on 01635 522588 or email email@example.com
YOUR MORTGAGE IS SECURED ON YOUR HOME. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.