Celebrity packed Health and Fitness event
Dame Kelly Holmes, double Olympic Champion, England’s Strongest Woman Farah Fonseca and Clean Eating Alice are confirmed to attend Refresh Festival UK – the first outdoor health and fitness festival with something for people of all ages.
Refresh is a new outdoor health and fitness festival in the spectacular outdoor setting of Wellington Country Park that offers two days of interactive health, well-being and fitness workshops, activities and performance this September. You can unwind and relax with wellbeing treatments like massage or enjoy yoga and mindfulness; you can get interactive (and a little fit) with trampolining, Dame Kelly Holmes’ sports day (for the kids) and joining in fitness workshops and classes; or you can get inspired from speakers, performances and exhibits.
A host of celebrities are signing up to join Refresh Festival including
- Event host, double Olympic Champion, Dame Kelly Holmes, who will be leading a children’s sports day at Refresh
- Farah Fonseca, England’s Strongest Woman and the 4th strongest woman in the world, who will be leading a panel discussion on body shape and confidence and sharing personal fitness tips
- Clean Eating Alice, personal fitness trainer and best-selling author, who will be inspiring us to “Train smart, eat well and get the body you love”
- CBeebies star, Mr Bloom and his vegetable band will be performing fun songs to engage children (and parents) in healthy eating and growing your own fruit and veg
- The Singing Dentist, Dr Milad Shadrooh will be using his parodies well known songs to educate and inform people about dental health and tackling the growing oral health problem in children and young people.
- Two Peas in a Pod – Stephanie Elswood – Healthy Chef Stef and Chessy King – healthy food influencers and rising stars in the food blogger network.
- Bradley Simmonds – the ex-professional footballer turned elite personal trainer
Drawing over 10,000 visitors over the two-day event on 2 and 3 September 2017 the festival will include personal trainers, instructors and fitness experts, therapists, nutritional advisors, healthy food suppliers, fitness clothing, activities for children with a health and environmental theme. Refresh is working to strict sustainability and environmental guidelines set out by the Creative Green Awards – in its aim to become the most environmentally sustainable festival in the market.
With eight zones to rejuvenate and refresh body and mind, including the regenerate main arena showcasing internationally renowned Team3Run free-runners, award-winning street dancers, martial arts experts, and motivational speakers plus a packed programme of interactive workshops.
Dame Kelly Holmes comments, “Getting the future generation passionate about sport, health and fitness is so important and I hope the thousands of children who take part in Refresh Festival will have the seeds of enthusiasm planted in their active minds. Who knows maybe we will inspire tomorrow’s Olympians? Most importantly it’s going to be two great days out that that inspires people to reconnect with the great outdoors and showcases how fitness can truly be play-time for everyone.”
The two-day event will take place at Wellington Country Park situated between Reading, Berkshire and Basingstoke, Hampshire on 2nd
September. It is an ideal location for an outdoor festival with large open spaces, beautiful woodlands surrounded by parklands and lakes. It is the first family festival of its kind for the Hampshire and Berkshire area. £1 from every ticket sold supports the work of Sustainable Harvest in preserving the environment including restoring thousands of acres of rainforest.
Helen Freeman, Events Director for H-Productions the event management and technical company behind the new festival comments “We wanted to create a health and fitness festival that is a truly healthy and fit environment to be in. So many health events are in traditional exhibition spaces – but choosing the setting of the beautiful and calming Wellington Country Park, and opening up the event with activities suitable for 5 to 75 year olds, ensures health and fitness is truly accessible to everyone.”