8 roast potatoes, chopped
4 roast parsnips, diced
2 cooked savoy cabbage leafs, thinly sliced
1 cooked carrot, diced
4 tbls frozen peas
1 tbls chopped parsley
onion, thinly sliced
clove grated garlic
25g salted butter
4 free-range eggs
4 slices of oak smoked salmon
Malden sea-salt & fine cracked pepper
LET’S Get Going
1. Hot frying pan, drizzle of oil, butter, onions, garlic. Cook down until soft and starting to colour.
2. Bang in the roasties and mix.
3. Then add parsnips, savoy cabbage leaves and peas. Mix well and add parsley.
4. Take off the heat, cool slightly and mould into
4 even cakes, set aside. Wipe frying pan and keep on heat.
5. Medium pan onto boil with water, 3 tbls vinegar and pinch of salt.
6. Clockwise stir the water and crack the 4 eggs into the whirl of the centre, cook for 4 minutes.
7. Oil in the heated pan, add the bubble ‘n’ squeak cakes and crisp up!
8. Warm plates! Cakes in centre, smoked salmon scrunched on top, then place the perfect poached egg on the salmon.