The Bladebone Recipe
Pan-fried Brill, Jerusalem Artichoke, Prawn & Spinach Linguini
Recipe for one person (multiply the ingredients per person)
220-270g Brill fillet, skin on/pin boned
30g Peeled frozen prawns
100ml Double cream
25ml White wine - rest for the Chef!
1 Artichoke, peeled, thinly sliced and in lemon water
200g Fresh egg linguini cooked & cooled – from your local super market
5g Salted butter for sauce/5g butter for fish
1 Handful of baby spinach - washed
Clove garlic - finely grated
Onion - finely grated
1 Sprig of thyme
LET'S Get GoinG
1. Heat your pans - 1 frying pan and 1 sauce pan.
2. In the sauce pan add a drizzle of oil, butter, thyme, garlic and onion. Cook until soft but no colour, then add in the artichokes, prawns and baby spinach.
3. Reduce the wine by half, then add the cream and turn down the heat.
4. In the frying pan drizzle oil, Brill seasoned (skin down), hold in pan to stop curling and cook until the sides begin to go white (2 - 3mins roughly). Then flip and turn pan off, a squeeze of lemon and add the butter.
5. Place pasta in the cream sauce, and season to taste with lemon juice & salt.
Using a carving fork, twist the pasta to a oval ball, slide on to plate, sauce over top. Then brill on top skin side up, remaining Vino in glass!