These 5 wines represent what is great and good about your local Wine Merchant; The Naked Grape.
They offer variety, style and above all flavour. We couldn’t be more proud to present these new wines to you.
1. Xavier Roger Old Vine Carignan, Languedoc, France An unassuming looking wine that is actually made with 85 year old vines. The resulting grapes are small in number and yet hugely flavoursome. A fantastic wine for the money.
2. Neirano Barbera d’Asti Superiore, Piedmonte, Italy This wine delivers so much it’s hard to take in. Very much a mini Barolo in colour and aroma, the palate really pleases too. Superb with roast meats and herb infused dishes.
3. Cantine le Monde Refosco, Fruili, Italy Served to me just slightly chilled, I was bowled over by the crunchy fresh red fruits here. No tannin to speak of, with a concentration of cherry and raspberry fruits. A superb
alternative to Pinot Noir.
4. West Cape Howe Chenin Blanc, Western Australia This is one of the main grapes of the Loire Valley wines, and here carefully produced in cool climate WA, the grape’s purity and flavour shines as well.
5. Wairau River Albarino, Marlborough, New Zealand The Albarino grape is native to northern Spain has found its way to a tiny part of the vineyard area in Marlborough. The climate here offers a more ripe tropical and pure citrus fruit palate whilst maintaining that razor sharp freshness. Quite a find.