Did you know?
1. Smiling is contagious.
2. Smiling is like medicine. Genuine smiles, where you smile big enough to squint your eyes, boosts your immune system by decreasing cortisol in you body.
3. Smiling is our first facial expression.
4. Forcing yourself to smile when you’re sad will actually elevate your mood.
5. We can detect smiles from far away. Humans can detect smiles from more than 300 feet away, which developed out of a need to be able to distinguish friend from foe.
6. Smiling is a form of exercise. It takes 26 muscles to smile – so work out your face!
7. There are 19 different types of smiles. Scientists have determined that there are 19 kinds of smiles ranging from overjoyed to polite.
8. It is easier to smile than frown.