1. The word ‘bicycle’ was not coined until the 1860s. The first constructed bike was almost entirely made of wood and several thousand copies were built and used.
2. You can fit about 15 bicycles in the same space that one car occupies.
3. Western Europe is currently the second-largest e-bicycle market in the World behind China, with nearly 1.2 million sales in 2014 expected to increase to just over 3.3 million by 2023.
4. The longest ‘tandem’ bicycle seated 35 people, it was more than 20 meters long.
5. The Tour de France was established in 1903.
6. China boasts more than a half billion bicycles.
7. The largest rideable bicycle has a wheel diameter of 3.3 m (10 ft 9.92 in) and was built by Didi Senft from Germany.