A beautiful version of this classic
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins plus cooling time
600g waxy potatoes
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
115g good quality mayonnaise
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
3 spring onions – sliced thinly
Small bunch chives – finely chopped
Small bunch mint – finely chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2. While the potatoes are boiling place the Dijon mustard and the red wine vinegar into a bowl and whisk them together, then whisk in the oils.
3. When the potatoes are cooked cut the smaller ones in half and the larger ones into quarters. Pour over the dressing, mix well and leave to cool.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients with the mayonnaise but reserve a few of the herbs for garnish.
5. When the potatoes are cool, drain off any surplus vinegar dressing then toss them in the mayonnaise.
6. Serve garnished with the reserved herbs.